What do fathers need to be successful parents and contributing family members?
The result is a one-stop for fathers .
We take a holistic approach to strengthening fathers and helping them overcome obstacles with a range of education, services and support that includes:
- A comprehensive fatherhood program to teach the essentials of responsible fatherhood.
- Employment coaching to help dads get jobs or find better paying jobs
- Help navigating the child support system
- Guidance on establishing paternity, visitation and other legal issues
- Peer group sessions that provide fathers a safe space to talk and support each other.
- Referrals for help with complex problems
- Mediation with the child’s mother and other family members
- Access to men’s healthcare education, screenings and referrals
- Assistance with transportation
- Ongoing connection with an experienced, supportive program staff
- Unique programs like Jobs Not Jail, a way to catch up on child support obligations that is a successful alternative to incarceration
Many fathers face chronic health conditions and untreated problems, because they can’t afford treatment or don’t trust healthcare providers.
Some services we provides:
- health education
- individualized treatment
- referrals for specialized treatment from other local healthcare providers