Our mission is to engage and empower fathers in the positive support of their children through goal-oriented programs that enable them to find stable employment, practice healthy parenting, and gain hope for the future of their family.
How we help:
- We provide community-based programs and support groups for fathers.
- We help fathers connect to other services they need so they can meet their responsibilities and secure their parental rights.
- We offer job coaching and employment connections that benefit fathers, their families and employers in our communities.
- We’re a resource for local organizations that want to provide family support and father-friendly services.
When fathers are engaged, children are:
- More likely to graduate from high school
- Less likely to go to jail
- Better positioned to be good parents themselves
We know engaged fathers are the best way to get to the root of problems that affect all of us—so that we can make real progress toward ending poverty, reducing crime and improving outcomes for children.
We strive to help fathers better themselves, their relationships and their understanding of how important a responsible, active father is in a child’s life. Building stronger families create a better North Carolina for every citizen.
We always look for community partners who want to collaborate with us—from local law enforcement and family court judges to health clinics and churches who, like us, want to help fathers succeed.
A father’s value is tremendous. That’s why it’s so important for us to help fathers realize the important contributions they can make.
Research shows that when fathers are involved, their children are:
- 2 times more likely to go to college
- 80% less likely to spend time in jail
- 75% less likely to experience teen pregnancy
When a dad isn’t there, it’s a different picture.
Children in father-absent homes account for:
- 71% of all high school dropouts
- 90% of homeless and runaway children
- 63% of youth suicides
Becoming an engaged dad has benefits for fathers, too:
- Engaged dads set goals and achieve greater success.
- Healthy habits become more important.
- Self-esteem increases as dads see their value.